Seeking an Electrical Engineer to support research related to current and next generation train control systems like Positive Train Control (PTC) systems, braking algorithms, fiber optic acoustic detection, railroad wireless communications, radio technology performance, railroad safety systems, and train communication/control.
Assignments for this position may include – supporting R&D activities, analysis of data, modeling & simulation, interpretation of results, and development of systems engineering documentation. Also includes planning, conducting lab & field tests, develop test requirements. And lead up to five engineers & technicians.
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Ability to aggregate & analyze large complex data sets
- Some experience with numerical data analysis software tools like MATLAB, Python, C++
- Familiarity with relational database query using SQL
- Familiarity with systems engineering concepts – systems definition and test methodology
- Familiar with basic rick/threat/hazard analysis
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, and 2+ years experience
- Prior experience with engineering projects related to PTC systems
- Experience with reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) analysis concepts
- Systems engineering experience to develop systems requirements and related documents
- Experience managing project budgets, schedules, and technical resources