Seeking a Systems Engineer for project management, technical oversight, and systems engineering of R&D/testing projects of railroad communications and train control.
Project assignments will include management of multiple projects of varying size & complexity – including project schedules, budgets, resources, and risks. This position requires effective communications with internal teams, customers, stakeholders, suppliers, and contractors. The Systems Engineer will be asked, depending on project requirements, to provide project-specific technical leadership to as many as (5) engineers and technicians.
Application of systems engineering principles to railroad research initiatives related to train control & communication systems – including integrated systems (electrical, mechanical, software, wireless), change and configuration management, and test case management.
Project tasks may include application of systems engineering principles to railroad research initiatives, system design support including development of systems engineering documentation, analysis of new technology concepts, and application of available technologies to the railroad industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering
- Strong background & experience in development of formal systems engineering documentation
- Experience developing test cases for requirements verification, including traceability
- Experience with risk analysis techniques, like FTA & FMEA
- Familiarity with safety-related concepts, and fail-safe system design
- Experience interpreting and analyzing complex technical data and familiar with statistical analysis techniques
- Advanced degree in Engineering (MS or PhD)
- Familiarity with railroad operations, railroad signaling and train control systems and experience with Positive Train Control (PTC) systems
- Experience developing and running computer simulation models
- Experience with reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) analysis
- Experience with hazard analysis techniques