Staffing and Recruiting FAQ’s
New clients often ask us how our technical staffing and recruiting process works. Some HR teams, hiring managers, and business owners have never used an outside resource provider like ours.
On this page we outline our typical clients, and steps we follow to help them meet their goals of finding the best candidates for their business goals and company culture.
Our clients typically are:
- Human Resources Managers, Directors, Vice Presidents, Talent Acquisition Teams
- Hiring Managers – including Directors, Vice Presidents, and Business Owners; usually at Engineering, IT-based, or Software Development companies of all sizes
- Office Managers, Administrators, and Front Desk professionals tasked to source and screen outside resource providers
That often times have the following unique situations:
- Their HR teams are struggling to keep up with staffing and recruiting of either full-time/perm employees or contractors
- Or their company is very small and they do not have a dedicated recruiter to help them find top talent
- Or they are seeking a hard-to-fill position that requires one or more outside recruiters to help them
We help the above professionals by:
- Offloading the end-to-end recruitment process; including new resume campaigns, screening of applicants, arranging phone interviews & onsite interviews, reference checking, background checks, and drug testing
- Saving our clients time, money, and the headache of staffing their most critical needs
The process we typically follow for direct-hire staffing:
1) We arrange a meeting to discuss your needs.
2) We then send a standard staffing and recruiting agreement that includes our typical placement fees; which ranges anywhere from 15-30% depending on the type of position and whether or not we have resumes on hand. For example, technician positions would be at 15-17%, while engineering positions would be 18-24% (depending on the length of the search campaign), and exec-level positions would be at the 25-30% level.
3) Once the agreement is signed/returned, we then arrange a meeting to go over the “Must Haves” and “Top Requirements” of the position according to the hiring manager. We require an initial deposit of $500-$750 that will be applied as a credit to your invoice once you make a hire.
4) Then we begin to source candidate resumes and qualification summaries for your review, and arrange phone interviews, and/or onsite interviews.
And the process we follow for contractor staffing:
1) We arrange a meeting to discuss your needs.
2) We then send a contractor resume submission agreement. We require an initial deposit of $500-$750 that will be applied as a credit to your first invoice once you make a hire.
3) Once signed, we begin to source contractor resumes/profiles for your review.
4) If there is a contractor you’re interested in, we arrange either a phone interview or onsite interview.
5) If your team decides to hire the contractor, we then send a contractor agreement that outlines their start date, hourly bill rate, and the length of the contract assignment. Our margins are usually 35-45% depending on the length of the assignment. This margin covers Workers Compensation Insurance, Employee Liability Insurance, Department of Labor and Employment Fee’s, Unemployment Insurance Benefits Fee’s, and any other insurance requirements.
6) All invoices for contractor hours worked will be due with 14 days from date of send.
Other frequently asked questions:
- How does EXPECT source candidates? Through our robust resume database, website job postings on EXPECT, auto-links to partner websites and job boards, and through our deep industry connections.
- Can EXPECT source candidates for other cities? Yes, we service all major US cities, and beyond.
- What are EXPECT’s unique differentiators, and why should I choose EXPECT over a large national chain? We are owned and operated by engineers and IT professionals with direct industry experience, we are not staffed with throw-away sales reps that don’t know your business and don’t really care, and most of all, we have an excellent reputation as a business partner to many successful companies. Please see our client reviews here.
- What is EXPECT’s service guarantee for direct-hires? We offer a standard 90 day prorated guarantee on all placements. Please ask to see our working agreement for details.
- What is EXPECT’s service guarantee for contractor staffing? If the contractor does not return to work, or is asked to leave, we will back fill the position right away. Please ask to see our working agreement for details.
Please see these these short videos to learn more about our service offerings:
- What We Do
- Direct-Hire Placements
- Contractor Staffing
- Engineering Staffing
- Software Developer Staffing
- IT Staffing
Need some help deciding on an outside resource provider, or want to learn more? Please check out these helpful blog posts:
- How to choose an engineering staffing agency that is right for your business
- Contractor Staffing – Tips for choosing a great provider
- 3 things to consider when choosing a technical temp agency
- Contract Engineering Services – What to expect
And finally these are some wonderful reviews from our happy clients:
Chris at Expect Technical Staffing did a great job of finding several qualified candidates for the engineering position we were seeking. Chris presented us with three professional candidates, one was a very good fit and within two days, made the candidate an offer. I would use Expect’s services again for future employment needs.
Our company had a need for a software developer, and an engineer. EXPECT helped us source and place some great candidates. Chris’s engineering and industry background really helped make the process so simple. We would recommend EXPECT to anyone seeking new employees.
When using Expect Technical Staffing, Chris Specht proved to be a successful and professional recruiter. He listened to our company’s needs and willingly worked to adjust his search to find the right person for the job. The level and quality of communication throughout the process was perfect.
Our company is a niche civil / structural engineering firm with an office in Colorado. Our best engineer left unexpectedly and we had a big project deadline coming up. EXPECT found us a contractor that started immediately and allowed us to continue moving forward. We loved his candidate so much that last week we made him a full-time employee offer, and he accepted. Thank you EXPECT for helping us!
We had a need for some Engineers at our company, and Expect Technical Staffing helped us not only source some wonderful candidates, but also provided us with a superb service experience. We will definitely be using Expect Technical Staffing for all our future hiring needs.
I can highly recommend Expect Technical Staffing to help support your technical staffing needs. When I was having trouble finding good candidates I would always call Chris Specht. He is very responsive and immediately gets to work on the assignment. Because of his engineering background, he already understands the roles and responsibilities for most technical jobs. He also quickly learns about the company’s culture so he can identify the best candidates for the complete situation. I have successfully hired many of the candidates that Chris presented particularly in those hard to find technical jobs such as Software Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers, and highly skilled Equipment Maintenance Technicians. In addition to being a good staffing partner, Chris is very professional and makes looking for technical positions much more fun.
Chris at Expect Technical Staffing is a true business partner in the recruiting industry to help my company find the right person for specific jobs we have a challenge recruiting for. Chris listens to understand our specific needs and company culture, asks questions, solicits feedback and follow through. He is a person of integrity.
We had a need for a Prototype Machinist/Technician that we were struggling to find. Chris worked with us to understand our needs and provided a number of qualified candidates in a timely manner.