Pursuing a career in robotics? The decision itself might be a no-brainer but that’s only part one. Finding the best programming language for robotics isn’t quite as straightforward. To make your search a bit easier, we’ve put together a list containing some of the best robotics programming languages for 2021.
Following are the Best Programming Languages for Robotics that you may need to consider…
- Pascal might not be the best programming language for robotics overall, but it is one of the best starting points. If you’re considering switching to a career in robotics, learning to code in Pascal is a great first step.
- C/C++. As two of the most used coding languages in robotics, you can’t go wrong with C or C++. These object-oriented languages might be difficult to learn, but they help coders develop important, transferable skills.
- .NET Framework. Though technically an all-encompassing framework and not a coding language, when combined with C#, the .NET framework is essential for utilizing the powerful Microsoft Robotics Developer Studio.
- Java. There’s a reason Java is included in the curriculum of most university-level robotics courses – it’s full of high-level features that lend themselves perfectly to robotics programming for beginners.
- Python is one of the most popular coding languages on the planet, praised for both its accessibility and ease of use. It’s also one of the best programming languages for beginners.
- One of the easiest robotics programming languages to master is MATLAB, as it blends programming, computation, and visualization in one accessible high-performance technical computing language.
- Hardware Description Language. Hardware Description Language, or HDL, combines coding with elements of hardware development. If you know circuitry and electronics, this is a great option for robotics programming.
- As one of the earliest programming languages, Lisp boasts features like dynamic typing, tree data structures, and automatic storage management, making it a popular option for robotics and AI coders.
- Assembly Language. Unlike the high-level languages on this list, assembly language involves basic commands for controllers and processors. On its own, it is probably not the best programming language for robotics, but it is a key secondary skill to pick up.
You may also be interested in:
- Best Programming Language For Artificial Intelligence
- What is the Fastest Programming Language?
- 10 Most In-Demand Programming Languages
The final verdict?
The best programming language for robotics in 2021 depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Experienced coders are more likely to favor C or C++ while beginners prefer some of the more accessible options on the list.