Seeking a entry to mid-level Construction Materials Testing Technician for the EST Inc (Moore, OK) office to provide a variety of testing on construction materials such as soils, concrete, and asphalt. Onsite materials testing will be conducted on a variety of projects including:
- bridge, roadway, utility
- wind and solar construction projects
Chosen candidates will receive in-depth technical training and industry certifications upon successful completion of examinations and demonstration of abilities. The chosen candidate will frequently be required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times, this position may be working at or on uneven terrain, varying heights, in confined spaces, or supported trenches. Candidates must be willing to travel to project locations. A company vehicle will be provided and per diem will be provided for extended locations outside the Tulsa area.
- Perform field density tests of soils
- Perform field concrete testing, including slump, air content, and strength
- Prepare daily reports
- Work with project managers and senior technicians or staff to ensure specifications are followed
- Perform routine samples and testing of soils, aggregates, concrete and asphalt and assist with more complex tasks, as required
- A demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical concepts
- Flexibility to work extended or nontraditional hours as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 0-3 years related work experience in materials testing or construction is a plus
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving record for the last 3 years
- The ability to lift 75+ pounds
EST is a drug-free workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report. EST offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, and paid holidays.