Seeking a talented, highly motivated, and experienced Director of Business Development to work closely with the senior leadership team to build new client relationships and expand opportunities across key markets.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- The position requires relocation to the Pueblo or South Colorado Springs area.
- This position requires extensive travel (50% or more) – both domestic and international.
- Develop and implement strategic business development strategy for market segment, in alignment with company vision, mission and corporate strategies, with aim to fulfill revenue generation activities.
- Participate in strategic planning process related to new products, services, and customers.
- Navigate external threats and opportunities in pursuit of revenue and technical goals.
- Collect and report market intelligence.
- Build strong relationships with leaders and key stakeholders in assigned market segment to ensure customer satisfaction and leverage new business opportunities.
- Provide input on proposals through clear articulation and translation of client goals.
- Provide accurate revenue forecasting and insight on new business opportunities.
- Maximize return on budgets allocated.
- Coordinate proposal preparation through multidisciplinary technical, financial and risk management teams, with attention to profitability, planning and feasibility.
- Be a highly visible spokesperson at industry meetings, trade shows, and conferences.
- 5 or more years of technical sales and business development experience within:
– government, international, commercial rail supply
– rail engineering services
– freight, and/or passenger industries
- Successful business development experience with emphasis in the railroad industry worldwide.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, create, pursue, and close sales opportunities.
- Strong program management, planning, prioritizing, and execution skills.
- Ability to create effective technical content and communicate technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (or similar)
- Experience in research, development, testing, or training environment.
- Experience and knowledge of railway suppliers, carriers, and operators worldwide.
- Active secret level security clearance.