Seeking an IT System Administrator for FocusConnect IT in Denver Colorado
FocusConnect IT is managed service provider in Denver seeking an organized, responsible, and technically proficient individual with strong team collaboration skills to serve as a full time System Administrator in an established IT MSP serving clientele in the industries of medical, insurance, law, investment, and construction.
- Location: Must reside in Denver metro area and be willing to work in our office 4 days a week
- Duration: Full-time contract 3 months to hire.
- Benefits: Medical/Dental – Available if position moves into full time hire.
- Compensation: $68,000-$75,000 based on experience
- Must be a US Citizen, Green Card Holder
- The System Administrator role calls for an individual who is flexible in wearing different hats on day-to-day technical operations, whether the task is lending support to our Technical Support manager and Support Team, solving more complex problems, or providing training to teammates. This individual must be highly organized and willing to work behind a desk, in the field on rare occasion, and remotely on days when our team is remote. Therefore, outstanding communication, high technical problem-solving skills, and customer service skills are required.
- Servers: Applicant must be able to demonstrate technical experience managing the following environments: Azure, Windows Server Administration, Active Directory, AD Group Policy, VMWare / Hyper V
- Endpoint Management: Preferred knowledge of managing InTune Group Policy, Datto RMM
- Back up and disaster recovery: Preferred knowledge of Datto BCDR and Acronis BCDR
- Daily duties: Manage on-premise and cloud-based server environments, assist the team with complex help desk tickets, communicate directly with clients on occasion, and collaborate with teammates. Must be able to organize information, follow documentation, and create documentation to improve internal processes.
- Networking skills: Experience with Cisco Networks or Cisco Meraki Networks is preferred. Must be able to install and configure firewalls and VPN.
- All employees will be required to complete certifications on new platforms contributing to the overall direction of the company and to the skillset of our internal team.
- Email management: Knowledge of O365, Exchange and G-Suite
- Technical skills must also include ability to deploy new equipment, maintain hardware and software, perform software upgrades, maintain cloud backup storage.
- High level of technical and organizational skills required
- Must have experience of tools and processes listed above
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment setting and help others if needed
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent or higher in computer science, or related field experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in an IT System Administration role required
- Minimum of 5 years basic networking experience required
- Produce 3 references for skills above, including 2 former supervisors
- Must be able to pass a technical hands-on exam administered by our system admin team
FocusConnect is an established IT Services provider (over 10 years) helping clients in insurance, financial, healthcare, legal, real estate, and construction development sectors in need of desktop support, network support, server administration, and compliancy frameworks. We are partnered with leading technology providers such as Cisco, Microsoft, Adobe, Datto, Autotask, Comcast, and other major providers. We assist such companies with implementing secure networks and deploying best practices for data security in today’s challenging times.