FocusConnect IT is actively seeking an experienced low voltage wiring specialist for part-time contract to full time hire position. Starting commitment of 20 hours per week, with potential to expand hours based on experience. We are seeking a team player, and someone who wants to grow with our company.
Summary of position:
We have an immediate opening for an experienced low voltage cabling technician to work with our internal IT team to service primarily commercial clients. Duties include installing low voltage wiring runs, patch panels, installing racks, troubleshooting wiring connectivity issues. There will also be opportunities to learn other IT related skillsets. We will provide general guidance, design and tools needed for each project, however there may be times when you may be in the field working alone. There may be times when you are assigned to larger projects with other technicians, working as one team.
- Install, maintain, and repair low voltage cable
- Pull, route, or label CAT5, CAT6, COAX TV
- Able to install support rack structures, including cable racks, j-hooks, conduit, and other related structures
- Conduct thorough testing of cable lines to ensure the system is working correctly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience professional wiring technician experience required
- Familiar with industry tools and equipment
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving history
- Able to work at tall heights and lift 50+ pounds
- Basic low voltage hand tools including pliers, snips, punch down tool, construction boots
-Be able to pass a background check and drug screening prior to starting work
-Have a reliable vehicle for travel to and from work. Company does not provide fleeted vehicles as travel is local. Mileage reimbursed.
-Be able to haul equipment and a ladder, follow instructions, and keep up with job tools
-Have ability to lift, carry, and set up a 50 lb. ladder
-Have ability to work overtime as needed on rare occasion