Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
$ 110,000 - $ 130,000
July 31, 2020
Professional Land Surveyor (Oklahoma City)
Seeking a Professional Land Surveyor for land surveying of highways, bridges, airports, and related for transportation projects at the EST Inc (Oklahoma City) office.
- Provide leadership to field crews in performing surveys.
- Ensures any and all pertinent information is available such as plats / research.
- Communicates with on-site client supervisors, property owners and the general public as needed.
- Neatly prepares thorough and accurate field notes and sketches for all assigned projects and completes administrative tasks for time keeping and project billing.
- Reads and interprets maps, deeds and construction documents.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare surveying and legal documents.
- Performs Quality Control on all surveys completed and sometimes for other surveys as well.
- Must have an Oklahoma Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license.
- At least 2 years experience in land surveying for highways, bridges, airports, electrical plants and/or commercial sites, including boundary and ALTA, topographic, aerial ground control, construction layout, utility and horizontal/vertical control surveys, preparing boundary, topographic, site, utility and construction survey documents / drawings, legal descriptions.
- Proficient with data collectors and data collection techniques, conventional field notes and sketches, total stations, leveling, and in reporting accurate survey information resulting from the field work.
- Proficient in the use of GPS devices, total stations, conventional and digital levels, surveying calculations.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and instruments of land surveying; knowledge of basic civil engineering principles, practices and construction procedure.
- Oklahoma DOT experience (is a plus)
- CFEDS certification (is a plus)