Seeking a Reliability Engineer (Electrical Engineer or similar) to support research, development, and projects in the areas of reliability, availability, and maintainability, applied to railroad communications and train control.
Specific project assignments will include supporting railroad industry R&D projects relating to the analysis of RAM, train control, and railway support systems and related technologies throughout life cycle of various train control systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- 5 or more years experience in RAM engineering, with some experience in systems engineering, technical research and/or technology development projects
- Familiarity with the development of RAM program plans, product life cycle RAM analysis (including software, electronic hardware, and mechanical systems)
- Experience in development and application of RAM models and tools (like Raptor)
- Experience in the development of analytical tools to support RAM modeling and analysis
- Understanding of risk, threat, hazard analysis
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, verbal / written presentation skills
- Advanced degree in Engineering (MS or PhD) and/or 10+ years of experience in RAM engineering
- Experience developing and working with systems specification documents, including the concept of operations, system requirements documents, and interface control documents, as well as requirements verification test planning and execution
- Experience developing and working with systems specification documents, including the concept of operations, system requirements documents, and interface control documents, as well as requirements verification test planning and execution.
- Familiarity with safety-related or safety-critical concepts and/or familiarity with fail-safe system design concepts.
- Experience working with safety or failure analysis methods such as fault-tree analysis or FMEA.
- Experience in computer programming, computer-based analysis, computer-aided design, and computer-based modeling.
- Experience with wireless communications systems.
- Experience with laboratory and field test instrumentation, equipment, and methods, including test planning, test execution, analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with railroad operations, railroad signaling, and train control systems and experience with PTC systems.