October 23, 2018
Senior Software Engineer
A well funded start-up is developing an automated genomic writing/editing bench top instrument, and seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a Full-Time/Perm/Onsite placement in Boulder, Colorado.
- Developing new software/systems to support delivery of data to customers, R&D personnel and enterprise resource management systems using a variety of web-based programming tools
- Working with R&D computational scientists to translate R&D scientific/engineering programming into robust production-oriented software
- Creating/maintaining/tuning database SQL required to support database centric applications used at the Company
- Mentoring junior software engineers and database developers to teach them coding techniques and good software development practices
- 7-10 years experience developing software with skills in OOP using Java, C# and/or C in a client/server architecture.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented principles and design with some experience in an agile environment
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and basic database design skills
- Knowledge in developing custom web components in a modern java script framework such as Angular, React, or Vue
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and SaSS
- Prior experience with cloud architectures and deployment of systems in the cloud is a plus
- Prior experience working in life sciences or biotechnology is preferred