Seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with prior experience in train controls, railroad operations, or signaling systems to support R&D projects related to PTC (positive train control) and new train controls systems.
- Project management, technical oversight and engineering support of R&D projects for railroad communications and train control.
- Testing of new systems and components; identifying, analyzing and developing solutions for issues related to implementation of train control and related systems; development of methods for solving critical issues related to PTC; analyzing operational impacts; leveraging existing infrastructure for new applications; and similar activities.
- Assignments may also include, depending on project requirements, providing project-specific technical leadership to as many as (10) engineers and/or technicians.Complete proposal preparation; project planning; risk assessment; budget and schedule management; project resource assignments; technical and research activities; data analysis; test planning; test support; and preparation of technical reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering (or related)
- 10+ years of experience in train control and/or railroad operations
- Experience working with design, development, testing and/or operation of PTC systems
- Strong understanding of conventional train control systems, concepts, and products
- Experience in project management and leading technical teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with demonstrable analytical and presentation skills
- Advanced degree in Engineering (MS or PhD)
- Experience in development of formal systems engineering documentation
- Experience developing test cases for verification against requirements, including traceability
- Experience with risk analysis, including techniques such as FTA and FMEA
- Familiarity with safety-related or safety critical concepts and/or familiarity with fail-safe system design concepts
- Experience with reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM) design and analysis concepts
- Experience working with engineering projects related to RF data communication systems and application-to-application data communication protocols