We are seeking a Lead Computer Vision Engineer for a full-time/perm placement in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We are a well-established multi-national company with a great office location, excellent health benefits, and lots of potential for career growth.
- This position is Not Remote
- Will require a relocation to Colorado Springs
- Offered salary will be $200k+
The Lead Computer Vision Engineer (LCVE) will join the DaVinci Resolve team in Colorado Springs, Colorado to work with the Algorithms Team. This team develops, implements and maintains algorithms for video processing in Resolve.
The LCVE is responsible for mentoring and training computer vision engineers and guiding the implementation of their projects. Supports and develops computer vision engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities. May be assigned to other job duties that use the required skills.
The LCVE will learn about the DaVinci Resolve application to understand its features. Adapts to the existing code base with the ability to own and work on new or existing components. Develops new computer vision algorithms, and implements and improves existing video algorithms.
This position is responsible for researching and developing new computer vision algorithms, prototyping, writing production C++ code, and debugging. This work requires meeting a high level of image quality, algorithm robustness, and code optimization to meet execution speed expectations. Adapts to the existing code base with the ability to own and work on new or existing components. The LCVE does this work and helps their team with this work.
- Conduct literature review of journal and conference papers
- Propose a solution for assigned problem using diagrams and pseudo code as needed
- Create and debug a prototype using, for example, Python code
- Convert prototype to C++ demo, typically using OpenCV, while addressing artifacts and corner cases that may exist in prototype
- Optimize algorithm and code as needed to reach execution performance goals
- Integrate feature into Resolve code base including meeting coding standards
- Conduct reviews and provide counseling to their team
- Annually report team project allocation
- Provide annual project narratives for R&D credits
- Seeing project development through to delivery
- PhD in engineering, computer science, or closely related field with 5 years of experience in the computer vision or video processing industry
- OR Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or closely related field with 9 years of experience in the computer vision or video processing industry
- Experience with deep learning applied to computer vision
- Experience with Python, OpenCV, and C/C++ for prototyping algorithms
- Experience working with some code versioning tool like SVN and Git
- Understanding and experience working in multi-threaded systems
- Experience with GPU programming, CUDA, or OpenCL
- Experience publishing research in peer-reviewed publications
- Experience delivering products in the computer vision industry
- Experience mentoring junior engineers, and/or leading a team of computer vision engineers