Staffing and Recruiting FAQ’s
New clients often ask us how our technical staffing and recruiting process works. Some HR teams, hiring managers, and business owners have never used an outside resource provider like ours.
Here we outline our typical clients, and steps we follow to help them meet their goals of finding the best candidates for their business goals and company culture.
Our clients typically are:
- Human Resources Managers, Directors, Vice Presidents, and Talent Acquisition Teams
- Hiring Managers – including Directors, Vice Presidents, and Business Owners; usually at Engineering, Technology-based companies.
- Many times these companies are: Engineering Consultancies or Service Providers, R&D Product Development Firms, Defense/Aerospace Contractors, Software Development Start-Ups, and many others that need help finding employees.
Our clients often times have the following unique situations:
- Their HR teams are struggling to keep up with staffing and recruiting of either full-time/perm employees or contractors
- Or their company is very small and they do not have a dedicated recruiter to help them find top talent
- Or they are seeking a hard-to-fill position that requires one or more outside recruiters to help them
We help the above professionals by:
- Offloading the end-to-end recruitment process; including new resume campaigns, screening of applicants, arranging phone interviews & onsite interviews, reference checking, background checks, and drug testing
- Completing passive recruiting to reach specific individuals that have the experience, licenses, and certifications sought after in their industry.
The process we typically follow for direct-hire staffing:
1) We schedule a meeting to discuss your needs.
2) We then send our standard staffing and recruiting agreement that includes our typical placement fees, and our partial retainer deposit to get started. Please Note: Our partial retainer for all new clients will be applied as a credit to your invoice once a placement is completed.
3) Our placement fees range anywhere from 15-30% depending on the type of position and whether or not we have resumes on hand. For example, technician positions would be at 15-17%, while engineering positions would be 18-24%, and exec-level positions would be at the 25-30% level.
4) Once the agreement is signed and partial retainer received, we then arrange a meeting to go over the “Must Haves” and “Top Requirements” of the position according to the hiring manager.
5) Then we begin to source candidate resumes and qualification summaries for your review, and arrange phone interviews, and/or onsite interviews.
And the process we follow for contractor staffing:
1) We schedule a meeting to discuss your needs.
2) We then send a contractor resume submission agreement. We require an initial deposit of $500-$750 that will be applied as a credit to your first invoice for the hours worked by the new contractor.
3) Once the agreement is signed and deposit received, we begin to source contractor candidates for you to review.
4) If there is a contractor you’re interested in, we arrange either a phone interview or onsite interview.
5) If your team decides to hire the contractor, we then send a contractor agreement that outlines their start date, hourly bill rate, and the length of the contract assignment. Our margins are usually 35-45% depending on the length of the assignment. This margin covers Workers Compensation Insurance, Employee Liability Insurance, Department of Labor and Employment Fee’s, Unemployment Insurance Benefits Fee’s, and any other insurance requirements.
6) All invoices for contractor hours worked will be due within 14 days from date of send.
Other frequently asked questions:
- How does EXPECT source candidates? Through our resume database, job postings on the EXPECT network, tapping into our 10,000+ connections on LinkedIn, and through our deep industry connections.
- Can EXPECT source candidates for other cities? Yes, we service all major US cities, and beyond.
- What are EXPECT’s unique differentiators, and why should I choose EXPECT over a large national chain? We are owned and operated by engineers with direct industry experience. We are not staffed with throw-away sales reps that don’t know your business & company culture. Most of all, we have an excellent reputation as a business partner to many successful companies. Please see our client reviews here.
- What is EXPECT’s service guarantee for direct-hires? We offer a standard 90 day prorated guarantee on all placements. Please ask to see our working agreement for details.
- What is EXPECT’s service guarantee for contractor staffing? If the contractor does not return to work, or is asked to leave, we will back fill the position right away. Please ask to see our working agreement for details.
Please see these these short videos to learn more about our service offerings:
- Direct-Hire Placements
- Contractor Staffing
- Engineering Staffing
- Software Developer Staffing
- IT Staffing
Need some help deciding on an outside resource provider, or want to learn more? Please check out these helpful blog posts:
- How to choose an engineering staffing agency that is right for your business
- Contractor Staffing – Tips for choosing a great provider
- 3 things to consider when choosing a technical temp agency
- Contract Engineering Services – What to expect
And finally these are some wonderful reviews from our happy clients:
Chris from Expect Technical Staffing was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He was professional, communicated promptly and courteously, responded honestly to our questions and concerns and more importantly did NOT send us unqualified candidates to review/interview. Chris carefully vetted and only sent candidate resumes which fit our specific criteria (senior level engineer with technical expertise/experience in public works projects). Chris definitely delivered! I highly recommend Chris and Expect Technical Staffing and would absolutely work with him and and his firm in the future for our staffing needs.
Our experience with Expect Technical Staffing has been nothing but pleasant. Chris delivered quality and professional candidates in a timely manner. His urgency with every matter does not go unnoticed. I highly recommend this staffing agency to anyone looking for assistance in their onboarding process.
We began working with Chris at Expect Technical Staffing in March, 2018. We had several openings for technical people to join our Software team and this is an area where candidates are quite scarce. Chris came to our office to meet with our team and receive the additional job specifications and get to know the company. Chris has been able to identify several great candidates for us to review. He does a good job at vetting candidates based on our criteria and tweaks things when we give additional feedback. I appreciate that Chris really researches the candidates and doesn’t just send over 100 resumes which is what some recruiters do (and as a result I don’t work with them). After going through an extensive interview process we were able to make offers to several of the candidate’s Chris sent to us.
We still have several other candidates from Chris in our pipeline and suspect we’ll have more offers soon and be able to close the job requisitions.
Chris is very easy to work with, does follow up when appropriate but is not overly aggressive which I greatly appreciate. His fees are very reasonable as well. I enjoy working with Chris and highly recommend him to any firm looking for technical hires.
Chris at Expect Technical Staffing did a great job of finding several qualified candidates for the engineering position we were seeking. Chris presented us with three professional candidates, one was a very good fit and within two days, made the candidate an offer. I would use Expect’s services again for future employment needs.
We enlisted the services of Expect Technical Staffing after a key contributor left our team. We were concerned about finding a candidate with the skillset required to be successful in this position. We discussed our concerns about finding the right skill set and personality to fit the role and our company. Within the first few weeks of enlisting Chris’s services we had several well qualified candidates. We were able to upgrade the skill set in the position with one of the candidates that Chris brought to us. We will defiantly use Expect Technical Staffing in the future for any technical staffing needs.
We had a need for some Engineers at our company, and Expect Technical Staffing helped us not only source some wonderful candidates, but also provided us with a superb service experience. We will definitely be using Expect Technical Staffing for all our future hiring needs.
Our company is a niche civil / structural engineering firm with an office in Colorado. Our best engineer left unexpectedly and we had a big project deadline coming up. EXPECT found us a contractor that started immediately and allowed us to continue moving forward. We loved his candidate so much that last week we made him a full-time employee offer, and he accepted. Thank you EXPECT for helping us!
Our company had a need for a software developer, and an engineer. EXPECT helped us source and place some great candidates. Chris’s engineering and industry background really helped make the process so simple. We would recommend EXPECT to anyone seeking new employees.
When using Expect Technical Staffing, Chris Specht proved to be a successful and professional recruiter. He listened to our company’s needs and willingly worked to adjust his search to find the right person for the job. The level and quality of communication throughout the process was perfect.
We had a need for a Prototype Machinist/Technician that we were struggling to find. Chris worked with us to understand our needs and provided a number of qualified candidates in a timely manner.