Technical Staffing agencies have changed and evolved over the past few years but they still continue to play a critical role in helping businesses find new hires. Staffing firms make a living by earning a fee for making an employee placement.
Staffing agencies are handy because they make the recruitment process less challenging for employers. The process of reviewing applications, interviewing the right candidates and negotiating payment and benefit plans can be tedious and time-consuming. That is why businesses are partnering with staffing agencies to take the headache out of the recruitment process.
How does it all work?
Using a staffing agency is not the right choice for most organizations but if you are looking to work with one to meet your employee recruitment needs, most technical staffing agencies help to fill:
- Temporary job postings which refer to assignments that have a start and end date.
- Temp to hire, which starts out as a temporary assignment but can become temporary if the candidate is the right long-term fit with the company in question.
- Direct hire which refers to a permanent position in which the staffing agency acts primarily as the recruiter.
For a staffing company to fill a position, it has to advertise it on job posts or any other place that a candidate would go to look for a job. It will then conduct interviews and background checks. Finally, when the right candidate is found, the employee will become part of the technical staffing agency except when he or she is a direct hire. The worker’s benefits and salary options will also be determined by the technical staffing agency but the length and duration of the employment are typically determined by the employer.
Is it worth it to use a technical staffing agency?
Contrary to widespread misconceptions, most technical staffing agencies are not expensive. Staffing agencies can provide value and savings to a business especially considering how much time, money and effort it takes to endure the recruitment process. To find the right technical staffing firm, you have to:
- Find the right fit for your business: You should only work with a company that enjoys a great reputation and has experience.
- Be clear about your expectations and needs: The best staffing agency will do everything it can to find you the best employees.
- Do your research: Try and make sure that you find as many reviews as you can from previous employers so that you can determine if the staffing agency that you want is worth your money.